I'm talking about faith in Jesus Christ... Faith that reunites me to the GREAT I AM, faith that will transform this and future generations.

Thursday, November 02, 2006


Revolutionary Faith Revisited
I tried to begin a blog back in the summer when things were slower and I actually had time to write my thoughts down... well here goes attempt number two. Please join me on this blog as I write some thoughts about faith in Jesus Christ as the only way to be reunited with our Creator.

I was at a men's breakfast recently and we were discussing how it is that we can gain victory over sinful strongholds in our lives. The normal Sunday School answers were thrown out there initially... "You spend time in the word..." "spend time with God in prayer". There was one answer that threw me off though. I think that it threw me off because it came from a gentleman who had lots of life experience. He said in a rather skeptical tone, "Those answers (the ones previously stated) may sound like they work but they are not enough!" WHAT? Reading the living word of God and spending time communing with Him in prayer is not enough?! It concerned me greatly to hear this as I am still in the young and idealistic category. If a life veteran said that he had tried all that and still it wasn't enough to bring him victory over sin, then what hope do I have? As I pondered this statement I began to realize that the statment is correct. Reading the words written on paper and spending quiet time in prayer and reflection will not give us what we need to stay strong and have victory over sin. If we are to have a faith that revolutionizes, we need an experience much greater than that. We need to be transformed by the purifying presence of The Almighty. We are given many avenues to allow this change to happen. Prayer and time in His Word are two of the many critical life lines that we must have connected to God. We need each other as Christian brothers and sisters. We are the body of Christ and we need to spend time with the body in order for our faith to be revolutionary.
We must stay connected to our life source through all of the life lines (prayer, reading, meditation, fellowship, worship, fasting and more) provided in order to stay healthy and vital as a soldier of Christ. So think about it, how's your circulation today?

No comments: