I'm talking about faith in Jesus Christ... Faith that reunites me to the GREAT I AM, faith that will transform this and future generations.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006


THE GREAT CHANGE

Have you ever gone away from something completely changed? Maybe it was the first serious hair-do you ever had done, maybe it was an accident that changed you physically or maybe it was a relationship that marked your soul for better or for worse. A revolutionary faith in Jesus is one that demands change of us. It is IMPOSSIBLE to experience the holy presence of God and to go away unchanged. James writes "Do not merely listen to the word and so deceive yourselves. Do what is says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what is says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after that immediately forgets what he looks like." James 1:22-24
Do we forget what we look like, or more importantly do we forget what we just experienced in the presence of the Almighty God? I think that more often than not, the problem is not one of forgetfullness. I think the more pressing problem is not seeing God clearly in the first place. How can we remember an experience with God and be changed because of it, if we don't first become aware of His greatness?
How do we gain this awareness?

" All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; if judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart " Hebrews 4:12

"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of uclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty." Isaiah 6:5

When we spend time in God's word and time in His presence we are changed. Our reaction may be even as strong as Isaiah's. Woe to Me! I am ruined!
Just to wrap up all of these ramblings, we will be changed as get to know our Heavenly Father. If you are not different after knowing Him, then do you really know Him? The change may be gradual however so don't lose heart if it seems like a long process, but be sure that you are changing! Let me know if you've seen this change take place or is your faith one that doesn't change who you are?

No comments: